Friday, September 14, 2012

Training: Week Three

I have nearly finished with three weeks of half marathon training! 

Last Sunday I went on a 6 1/2 mile run followed by a trip to Movin' Shoes for new Mizunos. 

The woman at the store asked me about running, my experience with Mizunos, and watched me walk. She brought out Adidas, Aasics, New Balances and Mizunos. I tried on all four pairs, jogged around the store and left with Mizunos. They are just too wonderful to get away from!

Not too shabby, right? {source}

Thursday evening I went out for three miles in my new sneaks, and it turned my entire day around. The shoes are amazing, and they make running better.

So far I have only converted my mother to the world of Mizuno, but the more the merrier!

Here is this week's half marathon throwback photo:

Me, Heather, Garvey and Katie from back in the day
 
Don't forget to check out my half marathon website and donate to CCFA! Thanks for everyone that has supported so far. I have raised over $700 already! I have to recommit on October 15, and my goal is to have $2500 by that date. Any little bit helps! $2 per mile? Only $26.20!

Later this weekend I will be giving you updates about more OKCupid dates. There have been three so far, and each has its own quirks and shenanigans. Stay tuned... 

1 comment: