Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm so excited!!

First of all, let me apologize for the formatting. I am borrowing my mom's iPad for a few days, and it does not like paragraphs or tabs... I am really excited for Madison. Correction: I am really, really, really excited for Madison. Last week my dad and I went out to visit and to find a place for me to live. I had us booked with a few different apartment showings on the first day we arrived.  Some were better than others.  But after two full days of searching, visiting and deciding, I found a place! It is absolutely beautiful and in the most perfect location! The apartment is on Williamson Street, or Willy Street, as it is affectionately known by the people of Madison.  Directly below my apartment is an Apple store with a very nice selection of products and male employees!  Across the street is a coffee shop.  A few doors down from me is a cafe. There is a pet supply store one block east and a delicious restaurant with an impressive happy hour one block west. Behind my apartment runs a bike trail. And two blocks south is the beach. Come on! Does it get any better? While in town we went to multiple restaurants and multiple happy hours.  The food was delicious and the beer was awesome.  One morning my dad had duck confit hash, and I thought he was going to change his mind and skip Abu Dhabi for Madison.  The beer took his love of Madison to a whole new level. On Wednesday morning we headed out to Verona to visit the Epic campus. I had forgotten how big and amazing it was! And with the weather in our favor we were able to explore the grounds more than I had during my interview. We took a self- guided tour and explored places that I had not yet seen! There is an entire wing modeled after New York City! It is complete with a delicatessen, subway car, and even a rat! My dad was clearly overwhelmed by the campus and referred to it as Disney World a few times.  I only became more excited for my move.  I can't wait to find more hidden treasures in the office, to be able to work in such an interesting and creative environment. Three different moving companies came to my house to give me quotes for the move.  And after approval from Epic, everything is booked!  Yes, I'm a little nervous, but mostly, I'm just excited for June 26! Two days of driving before setting up my new life in the land of cheese.   I'm excited just writing about it! And please come out to visit me! I plan on getting an awesome pull out couch, so guests will always be more than welcome! Is it June 26th yet?!

1 comment:

  1. Obviously your dad has not yet tried the duck confit hash breakfast in Abu Dhabi--a staple there. But your place sounds fantastic, Meaghan. Bon voyage.

    ReplyDelete