Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hairspray, Heels and Fake Eyelashes

I would like to say I woke up on Saturday morning ready to go, but I would be lying.

I woke up on Saturday with a little bit of a hangover.  Damon's got the best of me.


But, after Nicole laughed at me and took my picture, I shaped up and we shipped out.  We had a bridal brunch to get to!

We gathered our dresses, shoes, appropriate undergarments, makeup, hair products and anything and everything else we would need for the remainder of the day, and headed to The White Dog Inn.  The White Dog is an adorable inn in Mathews where we had brunch and then got ready for the wedding.  Also, Allie used to work at The White Dog during the summers.  


All of the bridesmaids enjoyed a delicious spread of food before spending hours upon hours being super girly and getting ready.




One of the flower girls decided to be a big helper girl and stick this branch of pearls in Tyler's hair.  Let's just say, it wasn't very helpful.  It was a little bit of a pain.  



The bridesmaids took photos outside while Allie finished getting ready.


The Maid of Honor with the steamer!

There was lots of hairspray, a few sets of fake eyelashes and eleven pairs of heels as we eventually marched out of The White Dog Inn and drove to the church.

We arrived to the church a bit early, in hopes of taking photos before any guests arrived.  We were not so lucky.  Instead, a few guests had already trickled in, and we had lost our window of opportunity for photos.  So, after the green girls teamworked like champs to get Allie into her dress, we waited.  And it wasn't long before Allie began pacing.




Look at those green bridesmaids working hard!

And look at the naughty blue bridesmaids chatting and taking photos!

And look at Nicole with the steamer!

She looks ready to me.  And stunningly beautiful!

Our bouquets

While it felt like an eternity at the time, it wasn't long before the ceremony had started and finished.  It was a beautiful ceremony, and a joy to be a part of.  It took place in a small church that was bursting at the seams with people, just as it should be.

We took a few more photos inside the church and out with the groomsmen before going to the reception!

Check out the tables



And then the party began...

The Unit (minus Lindsey...)



Nicole caught the bouquet!


The band was amazing and played until midnight when the bride and groom left for their honeymoon.  I was actually quite relieved when the reception ended, because I was exhausted!  I danced all night long.  Really.  I never sat down, or even stopped to chat.  I was a dancing machine.


Gosh, it was a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you ladies had a fabulous time! I wish I could have seen those dance moves! Congrats to Allie & Joe :)

    ReplyDelete