Tuesday, January 3, 2012

25 by 25 Update

Back in September I made a list of 25 things I want to accomplish before I turn 25.  Now, I don't want to share every single thing I do with the endless abyss we call the internet, but I did share 19 goals with you. And, as of January 2, I have made a pretty good dent.  I have exactly 205 days left until I turn 25, and to complete these goals.  Let's recap:

1. Read 25 books
I have read 10 books since September 16.  That's okay.

2. Bungee jump
Done and done!  If you didn't see the post about it, check out the video here!

3. Drive a big motorcycle
Darn.  I never had the chance for T. Paul to teach me how to drive his bike.  Anyone want to teach me?

4. Learn to juggle
I'm doing quite well.  Unfortunately, I didn't make any concrete goals when it comes to this one, so I'll just keep practicing.

5. Snowboard
Well, we need snow.

6. Go to New Zealand.
I did more than go to New Zealand, I rocked New Zealand, and loved every second of it.  Read about that trip here, here, here, here, here, and here! Yes, I wrote a lot about NZ.

7. Run a half marathon
I'm still thinking about the Lake George Half at the end of April.  Anyone care to join?

8. Go to Burning Man
It doesn't happen until Labor Day weekend, so I'll just have to wait.

9. Learn to play golf
Hmmm.... I think it's too cold right now.

10. Take a tour of Alcatraz
On my next trip to San Francisco- I promise!

11. Complete a Rubiks cube
I'm back to doing 2/3 of it.  I have fully completed it a handful of times, but not without the online instructions.

12. Go to the New York Public Library
Oh, I'm moving to NYC on January 18, have I not told you yet?  So, this one should be a piece of cake.

13. Get my scuba certification
I kicked this one's butt.  Not only did I get my scuba certification, I got my advanced!  And next week I get to go diving again!  Yeah!

14. Play tennis
I brought my racket home... does that count?

15. Finish learning the Thai alphabet
Check!

16. Have over 5000 views on my blog!
Really?  Holy moly!  I wanted to have 5000 views by the end of July.  And as of January 2, 3:34 pm EST, I have, drumroll please, 6,270 hits.  Whoa!  Thanks, everyone!  You keep me motivated to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment