Thursday, January 19, 2012

I have a type


We cruised on Holland America.  Now, while it was absolutely fabulous, you need to know a few things about Holland America.  For one, the most common form of identification to get back on the ship is an AARP card.  Two, there are more than a handful of motorized wheelchairs on board.  Well, with those two facts alone you can easily see how many oldies are on board.  But, there is one fact that says it all: of the 2,100 passengers on board, there are only 78 between the ages of 18 and 34.  Hmmm...
Now, we all know that I am on a family vacation.  But, if my family of 6 makes up 3 of that statistic, and the fourth is underage in regards to, well, everything, then what does that leave?  I’ll tell you.  It leaves a handful of very awkward cousins who smuggled a small bottle of rum on the ship from Puerto Rico.  It also leaves a pair of brothers that like to dance.  Very nice boys, but nothing to write home about.  It also leaves a few 15 year old girls that have realized the dance club doesn’t enforce the 18 + rule, and they come out at night to booty pop.  
But don’t worry, readers, I found some cute boys.  I just also happened to find something out about myself: I have a type.  
The perfect example is a man I found to be quite attractive on our first day on the ship.  Yes, he was with his pregnant and waddling wife, but that didn’t stop me from noticing how cute he was and pointing it out to my mom and sister.  When my mom finally saw him, and after she had said that he looked old, she said, “he looks like everyone else you like.”  I didn’t know exactly what she meant, but I knew Cute Boy has a pregnant wife, so I kept looking.
I found DJ George.  DJ George is adorable.  He is unbelievably nice and engaging.  And while I know that is his job to chat with the passengers, he and I really enjoyed taking to each other.  He is the DJ at the dance club in the evenings and runs various musical activities on board throughout the day.  For example, Erin and I did cute DJ George’s line dancing activity by the pool.  We also played his game of Name That Tune.  
So prego’s husband and DJ George are the cute boys on board, and I started to understand what my mom meant.  I like tall boys.  I like brunette boys.  I like boys who always look put together, preferably those that consider polo shirts to be casual.  I like boat shoes.  I like khaki.  I like good haircuts.  I don’t like facial hair.  And by God, I love good teeth.  So there it is, Meaghan has a type.  Meaghan likes preppy brunettes.


2 comments:

  1. Hilarious!!! (and slightly debatable?). Needless to say, highly entertaining. Also, pertaining to your previous post, I really hope that's not your gorgeous, long, red and orange print "thailand" dress in your "to give away" pile!!! You look so good in that! why?? just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good eyes, Koreana! That is exactly the dress. And trust me, I was hesitant to put it in the pile, but I have over-worn it. I'm done with it.

    ReplyDelete