Friday, September 16, 2011

The List

Here are a few of the things on my list so far.  I am still six goals short... Ideas?

1. Read 25 books
Luckily for me, this vacation has given me a head start, and I have already finished two!

2. Bungee jump

3. Drive a big motorcycle

4. Learn to juggle
Yes, I learned to juggle scarves with Mr. Sopelak in grade 3, but I never moved up to juggling balls like Tony Volpi.  And honestly, juggling scarves is not the most impressive party trick.

5. Snowboard

6. Go to New Zealand
Maybe I'm cheating by already having a plan to go there, but it's my list.  And Jenny, I am on vacation right now, but I will send you the itinerary next week.

7. Run a half marathon

8. Go to Burning Man
Technically, it will take place after my birthday, but once again, it's my list.

9. Learn to play golf

10. Take a tour of Alcatraz

11. Complete a Rubiks cube
I used to be able to complete about two thirds of the cube, but that isn't a cool party trick either.

12. Go to the New York Public Library
How do I live in New York state and I have never been there?!  This is on so many lists of "must sees" in the USA, and it should be a pretty easy one to check off the list.

13. Get my scuba certification
I am well on my way! I had a full day of classroom and pool practice today, and tomorrow we are out on the boat! Oh, and I got 100% on my exam, beat that, Garvey!

14. Play tennis

15. Finish learning the Thai alphabet
... And remember it in order!

16. Have over 5000 views on my blog!

As I said, I'm still missing six items, and I need your help! And yes, I can count. I know that sixteen plus six does not equal twenty-five, but I can't tell you everything! 

5 comments:

  1. Donate 25 hours of your valuable time to assist a special person or cause that could use a helping hand:)

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about climb some High Peaks? 25 by the time you're 25 may be tough, but maybe climb Mt. Washington instead? Teach Wilbur to come? Visit an old friend you haven't seen in many years...Amanda? Caitlin Casey?Take dancing lessons. Build an igloo.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an awesome dancer! What are you trying to say, Dad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And, Kiki, I love that idea. I really love it. It has made the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Meaghan - I'm so honored. I have had some of my most valued moments volunteering and helping others - even the smallest efforts affect others in a big way - you will realize this even more one day when someone or something has had an impact on your life. Plus the people you meet when you are genuinely giving of yourself are often ones you will also want to stay in contact with for life. You are such a strong, charismatic, spirited and caring individual that I know you will leave a wonderful mark on many lives. I also love your Dad's idea to visit an old friend you haven't seen in years:)

    Love you, Kiki

    ReplyDelete