Monday, September 26, 2011

Frustration

Grrrrrrr.

I am quite frustrated at the moment.

For one, this silly blog is driving me bananas!  I am currently in the process of trying to switch to a new email address.  It is also a gmail address, which I thought would make things simple for the blog.  Instead of having to sign in and out from one email address to the other, I decided to make my new address an additional author for the blog.  Not as simple as it sounds.  After hundreds of sign ins and outs and invitations, I got nothin'.

I decided to try to invite someone else.  So, I sent an invitation to my new address and to my mom.  Sure enough, her invitation popped up as pending.  But where was mine?  Great question.  Because I have absolutely no idea!  So, I cancelled my mom's invitation.  Sorry, Mom!  Fake out!  But why can't I invite myself?  I just don't understand.

On top of the silly blog, I am having ipod issues.  After I lost all of my ipod music when I moved here, I made a conscious effort to be less dependent on my silly mp3 player.  I must say, I have done a pretty good job.  Losing music, restoring the ipod, and clearing the playlists don't bother me in the least.  But an ipod that doesn't work at all?  Yeah, that's a problem.

Last Christmas my parents gave me an ipod shuffle, and it has become my running lifeline.  It is super tiny, holds more music than I could ever run to, and has an extremely long battery life.  All of these things were true until about a week ago, when it stopped working.  After charging, restoring, connecting, disconnecting, adding music, taking away music and every other troubleshooter tip that I could find, I got nothin'.

The run that I used to look forward to every morning, is pretty unbearable now.  My old school ipod doesn't fit properly in the running case that I have.  It bounces around, slides down my arm, skips, and is generally uncomfortable.  I just want to go for a run without worrying about my ipod!  The outrageous temperatures, stares from Thai people and street dogs are enough things to worry about when running around the lake.  I don't need silly ipod problems too.  Thankfully, my shuffle is less than a year old, so I think I can still send it back to be fixed.


I am going to try to run and sweat out the frustrations.  Half marathon training!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your iPod troubles. Chips iPod doesn't work either so he carries his lap top around everywhere he goes. They make some cute lap top back packs...maybe you could run with your lap top on your back! I'll bet it would be a great training tool for that 1/2 marathon. Running without a lap top on your back one day will be a breeze!

    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete