Thursday, January 5, 2012

Time to pack

My family is a bit strange.  We each have our own bizarre habits and such.  We each have weird tendencies.  But, when it comes to packing, we are all pretty similar.  Except for my father.

We are leaving for family vacation soon, and my dad has been packing for a week.  For an entire week he has been hanging things in the mud room, and choosing shoes and laying them on top of Wilbur's kennel.  His suitcase has been in the ready position for days, but has been left untouched.  He has piles at the foot of his bed and a few on the dining room table.  He has switched some shirts for others, put his shoes in individual bags, and rethought his sock choices.  And the rest of my family has spent an entire week making fun of him.

The rest of us, we wait until the last minute, and it is hilarious.

So now, at 9 pm, Garvey, Erin and I are all packing upstairs.  Erin is planning every single outfit, and exactly which night and to which dining room she will wear it.  She is also making sure that I bring exactly the accessories I promised I would.  Garvey, is cleaning out.  He is getting rid of things left and right.  And every five minutes or so, he calls Erin into my bedroom, and asks both of us if we want     blank   .  First it was an ipod dock.  Every time Erin and I would chuckle, call him crazy, and go back to our respective rooms and music choices.  But, most recently, Garvey called a giveaway meeting, and pulled from behind his back two old cups.  Yes, he offered us his old cups.  Weirdo.  But, I had an idea.  Poor Wilbur gets very cold ears in the winter.  I had just finished telling my mom that he needs a pair of earmuffs, and voila!  We had earmuffs.


At one point Garvey let Wilbur borrow his headband so the earmuffs stayed in place on their own, but by the time this photo was taken, Wilbur was all done with the game.

So, now I'll get back to packing.  I did a little dancing, a little slideshow making and now a little blogging, but it's time to get down to business.

No comments:

Post a Comment