Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Job Huntin'

Job searching.  Finding a job.  Looking for a job.  Job seeking.  Nope, I am not doing any of those things.  Ladies and gentlemen, I am job huntin'.  And you have to say it with a deep southern accent, when you swallow the middle part of the word.  Job huntin'.  That's what I'm doing.

I have officially lived in New York City for five days.  Five whole days is beyond the amount of time you can count in hours, and therefore, I live here.  And while Erin and I have taken part in a variety of activities and accomplishments throughout the city, unfortunately, I have spent a large amount of time in front of my computer.  Bummer.  Yes, I have been working on my resume, cover letters, applications, and huntin' for jobs in general.  My recent google searches include: "how to write an awesome cover letter," "include in cover letter," "format resume," "jobs in nyc," and "thesaurus.com."  My next searches will probably be along the lines of "free things to do in nyc" and "living in nyc on a budget."  And depending on how long this unemployment lasts I may begin searching "making blogging a profession."

But, all is not lost.

Thanks to Allison and Stephen I had two phone interviews today.  Score!  I also just submitted an application for a position that could be pretty darn perfect, and surprisingly enough, I am qualified for!

For the time being I am going to continue applying here, there and everywhere and sending good vibes out into the universe.  I'm not into all that hippy dippy stuff, but in this waiting game, sometimes there isn't a whole lot more you can do.

Now that my brief blogging break is over, I'm back to job huntin'.  Anyone need an outgoing, intelligent and hardworking employee in NYC?  She has a pretty rockin' blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment