Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Life in Twos


Paekakariki is calm, relaxing, beautiful and absolutely perfect in so many ways.  But, after a wonderful weekend in Palliser Bay, I knew that I needed to make plans to travel.  As wonderful as Paekakariki was, I realized I would regret not seeing more of the country.  
With the help of Keith, Jennifer’s coworker, and a Lonely Planet guidebook I planned my trip on Monday.  I decided to visit National Park, a very small town about four hours north of Wellington.  From there I would have the chance to hike the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.  After that, I would continue north to Taupo to bungy jump in one of the more touristy locations on the north island.  The last stop of my trip would be to Rotorua, known for its strong Maori culture and its geothermal activity.
When I explained my trip plans to Jennifer and Michael, I noticed my pattern.
Two days in Paekakariki and Wellington.
Two days in National Park.
Two days in Taupo.
Two days in Rotorua.
As I saw this pattern falling into place, I continued explaining my plans.
After Rotorua, two days in Paekakariki.
Fly back to Thailand.
Two days in Thailand.
Fly back to New York.
Two days in New York.
Fly out to Arizona.
And finally, the two night stand habit would be broken.  Here is to a busy few weeks!



1 comment: