Sunday, December 18, 2011

Things I learned while living in Thailand- Part Seven


I love wine.
I knew this before I moved to Thailand, but it is now more true than ever.  While living in Thailand I was swimming in beer and whiskey.  Wine was hard to come by, expensive, and not very good.  Coming back to the States has only made me appreciate its amazing tastes and flavors that much more.  I love the variety of wines.  I love a big glass of red wine and the foods I associate it with.  I love a chilled glass of white wine and the foods and places that I associate it with.  I love that one glass of wine will satisfy my thirst.  I love the sounds that wine glasses make when clinked together in a cheers.  I love the way wine glasses look and feel.  I sometimes love wine charms.  I love the way wine sticks to the glass when it is swirled.  I love using a wine key to open a new bottle, and the scent when the cork is first removed.  
It has been said that distance makes the heart grow fonder.  This cliche has been very appropriate for my relationship with wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment