Sunday, December 4, 2011

It’s a small world

The more I travel, the more I want to see.  I continue to meet people who have done things and seen things that I want to do and see.  For a world this large, there can’t possibly be enough time and money to see it all, but I will definitely try my hardest.  
But, as often as I think about how big the world is, I realize how small the world is equally as often.
For example, in Portugal I met a guy who went to high school with Bri, and is friends with her old sister.
In Laos I met a guy from India.  But, he went to school in Texas, with my old roommate, Andy. 
In Cambodia I met a couple who grew up in Galway, whose parents live in Saratoga Springs, and who frequent Uncommon Grounds in Saratoga by day, and The Tin ‘N’ Lint by night.
In Vietnam I ran into a girl that was teaching in Thailand.  She had gone through orientation with Cait, and she knew one of my good friends from Camp Woodstock.
And while I was walking through the massive Bangkok airport, I walked into Trish and Jason, friends of Koreana, who spent a week with me in Khon Kaen.
Or how about this one, Bri’s boyfriend, from northern California, has vacationed on Lake George every summer.  Bri loves Lake George!  
The world is pretty small.


No comments:

Post a Comment