Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Things I learned while living in Thailand- Part Three


Traveling alone can be pretty great, but I think I’m all done with it.
Traveling alone has given me an amazing amount of confidence.  You name the country (within reason), and I will be happy to go.  And I will be happy to go alone.  I not only have the courage and “life skills” (as my friend Maya’s mother calls it) to travel alone, I enjoy it.  I appreciate traveling alone for what I can gain from it.  I have the freedom to go where I want, when I want.  I have the opportunity to experience things without the influence of anyone else.  I then have the power to tell the story of my travels any way I please.   But, as much as I can, and do, travel alone, I don’t want to do it anymore.
I want to experience the world with other people.  I want to stop taking gorillapod photos because that is the only way I will be in a photo.  I want someone in photos with me.  I want someone to share experiences with.  I want someone to eat meals with.  I want someone I know to sit next to me on the plane, bus, train, ferry, van or in a cab.  I want someone to talk to that I don’t have to recite my one minute autobiography to.  I want company.


So does anyone want to travel with me?  I’m a pretty awesome travel buddy.  I can attest to that.

1 comment:

  1. I DO!!!! however, you don't have to convince me because I already know you're great to travel with:) The more the better!

    ReplyDelete