Monday, March 19, 2012

Two Weeks

My stomach hurts.  And it isn't from tonight's corned beef an cabbage at Aunt Patty's house- that was delicious.

My head hurts.  The Advil didn't help.  This is a pain from deep within my brain.  I think it hurts from racing in circles for the past two weeks.  What if I get the job?  What if I don't get the job?  Do I think I will get the job?  Do I think I won't get the job?  My mind is spinning.

My eyes hurt.  It hurts to hold them open, but it hurts to close them.  The sockets of my eyes are throbbing.

My throat hurts.  Not the hurt that makes it painful to swallow, but the pain that accompanies a lump in your throat.  This is the kind of pain you experience when something goes down the wrong pipe, but doesn't go completely down.

My back hurts.  It's partially from running.  It's partially from running with old sneakers.  I promised to buy myself new ones when I get a job.  Part of the pain is the stress of sitting at my awkward desk, obsessively checking my email inboxes.  The rest of the pain is from stress.  Down and back, Meaghan. Put your shoulders down and back.

My heart hurts.  It has been racing since Friday morning, the day when I expected to receive a phone call.   Even though I knew I wouldn't receive the call over the weekend, my heart didn't get the memo.  Now it is tired of pounding out of my chest.  It has been a long weekend.

Tomorrow I should get the call.  Should.  But I thought I would receive the call on Friday, and I was wrong.  Tomorrow will be two weeks.  At the interview he said two weeks.  Tomorrow is the day.  The seconds feel like minutes.  The hours feel like days.  These have been the longest two weeks of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Dad says that it takes longer to put together an offer than it does to say, "You are not the right fit". Besides...the three departments are probably fighting over you! May your favorite department win. ~Mom

    ReplyDelete